Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Gay Games VIII Koln Germany

Wow it is all over finally after all of these years. I am back home with Apollo and we have united wonderfully. He was so excited to see me when I walked in the door. I guess we were both excited to see each other. Did not see Tim until the next day though. Too tired and yet needed to remain awake to rid of the jet lag.

So you must be wondering what happened that I was not able to provide a point by point analysis of my Gay Games VIII experience. Guess I got all caught up in the moment. So I will try to do it here.

July 29
Arrived in Frankfort, Germany along with Bill, Bill and Joe. We did not sit together on the airplane. I saw them at the airport in Chicago O'Hare before boarding the flight. Once we landed we sought to find our luggage. I was trying to act like an experienced tourist in Frankfort having been the same route the prior year. Bill, Bill and my luggage were immediately transferred to the Lufthansa area where we retrieved our train tickets for the ICE to Koln. Joe did not purchase his trip the same way so he had to purchase a ticket at another area. When we got to the baggage claim area, retrieved our train ticket only to find our luggage not yet delivered. A short wait later our luggage arrived causing us to dash to the ICE for the trip to Koln. At the tracks we ran into Joe again. We were on the train in separate areas. I was in a car with the ladies from the Chosen Few women's soccer team. Did not recognize any of them as they were new to the team or did not get the opportunity to travel to Chicago in 2006 of be part of the exhibit when I visited Cape Town, South Africa. Another woman who was from Jamacia was also traveling on the same train. We arrived in Koln and scattered leaving me and the woman from Jamacia together. Her mission was to get to the registration area to get her documents and stippen from the scholarship program.

No comments:

Post a Comment