Sunday, August 15, 2010

July 31 Opening Ceremony Day

Okay so I felt like writing some more about my fabulous trip to Cologne.
July 31 - Early morning - I found a need to get to a photo shop and purchase some batteries for the Opening Ceremonies of Gay Games VII. I just did not want to run out of power while shooting the event. Last year I remembered a Nikon photo shop located at the Dom. By this time I had firmly established a flirtatious relationship with the Royal hotel owner Leo. He advised from the hotel take any of the Suburban trains going to the right (left is right in Germany. go figure.) A short walk from the hotel up the stairs and I was on the platform.

One stop and you are at the Dom. How convenient. Great. All of those words. Went in purchased a new lens, batteries, additional SD and Scan Disk cards and a filter for the new lens. All seemed to be reasonable pricing compared to US dollars. I returned to the Hotel with my new items.

Before the start of the Opening Ceremonies I was invited to attend a Scholarship Recipient reception followed by a VIP-Cologne reception, followed by the entry to RheinEnergieStadion Köln. I managed to get a shot of the crowd walking into the stadium. Quite an impressive view.

No comments:

Post a Comment